Applications are due June 5, 2020.
SHFM Young Professional Rising Star Scholarship Program
SHFM recognizes the important role Young Professional members play in ensuring the continued success of SHFM in its mission to serve as the pre-eminent national association serving the needs and interests of executives in the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industries. The SHFM Young Professional Rising Star Scholarship Program has been established to recognize and reward Young Professionals at member companies with a complimentary SHFM membership and free attendance at SHFM’s National Conference, to include complimentary conference registration, airfare, hotel and ground transportation.
The purpose of the program is to actively engage Young Professionals at participating member organizations by providing complimentary exposure to all the benefits of membership, as well as the national conference programming and networking opportunities. In turn, SHFM anticipates that participants in the Rising Star Scholarship program will provide valuable insight into how to grow the association by enhancing the value of membership for Young Professionals and help ensure the continued relevance of SHFM with current and future generations of professionals in corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality.
- Complimentary registration at one SHFM National conference during the program year, plus airfare, hotel and ground transportation to and from the conference property*
- Complimentary membership in SHFM for one year
- Complimentary registration at the Critical Issues Conference—travel not provided
- Complimentary registration at the SHFM Young Professionals Summit—travel not provided
- Free registration at local events, and other SHFM networking events (does not include Foundation events)
- Access to mentors, including executives, suppliers and SHFM Leadership
- Opportunity to provide input to shape the future of SHFM
- Opportunity for recognition
- Opportunity for committee project leadership
- Virtual networking opportunities throughout the year
- Applicants must be employed at their member company for at least one year
- Participation is available to all SHFM membership categories
- Applicants must be 39 years of age and under to qualify
- Program participants qualify for program benefits for one year. At the end of the year, program benefits will cease, unless participant requalifies for program participation with a new application. Program participation is limited to a maximum of 3 years, which must be consecutive. Reapplications shall be reviewed equally with new applications, and awarded at the discretion of the application review panel.
- Program participants shall agree to active membership in SHFM for a minimum of three years, to include:
- Two additional consecutive years of membership (funded by their organization at the Young Professional rate), immediately following the program participation year.
- Participation in SHFM Local events.
- Participation on the Young Member Taskforce:
- To include monthly conference calls to advise SHFM on strategies for engaging Young Professional members.
* Subject to SHFM Rising Star Travel Policy
To apply for the 2020-21 SHFM Rising Star Class, click here
. Applications are due June 5, 2020.
To see our current class of SHFM Rising Stars
, click here
Contact Tony Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more about our Rising Star Program.